Writing deadline is December 16th
Must be a student in grades 7-12. Awards in 11 writing categories and 14 art categories. For young artists (Visual Arts) and writers who have begun their own creative journey and want to grow as creative individuals. See website particulars regarding registration. Only graduating seniors may submit Art and Writing Portfolios
- Each year, the Alliance partners with more than 100 visual arts and literary arts organizations across the country to bring the Awards to local communities. Teens in grades 7 through 12 apply in 29 categories of art and writing. Submissions are juried by luminaries in the visual and literary arts, some of whom are past award recipients. Panelists look for works that best exemplify originality, technical skill, and the emergence of a personal voice or vision.
- Last year, students submitted 300,000 works of art and writing to the Awards; more than 68,000 were recognized at the regional level and celebrated in local exhibitions and ceremonies. The top 2,000 works in the country earned National Medals and were celebrated at a ceremony at Carnegie Hall.
- More than $250,000 is given annually through the Scholastic Awards program in awards and scholarships to top Awards recipients and their educators. In addition, more than $10 million in scholarships is set aside each year by our partners for recipients of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.
- Seniors earning National Medals are eligible to receive scholarships through partnerships with esteemed colleges and universities. Click here to learn more!
- For more info, visit the website: http://www.artandwriting.org/the-awards/how-to-enter/