- October 31, 2015
FRESHMAN through SENIORS
Finally, a scholarship for zombie fans
Has "The Walking Dead" got you thinking what you might do if your streets were filled with flesh-eating zombies? Maybe you've envisioned your own post-apocalyptic world overrun with the living dead, forcing you to come up with a zombie survival plan - and quick!
Hone in on those survival tactics and imagine what your school or college campus might be like in a zombie apocalypse. Our Zombie Scholarship Committee wants to know your plan to avoid the zombies, where you would hide (or maybe you don't need to), and the top five things you would bring to stay alive.
Our Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship is underway, and we are giving one successful "survivor" $2,000 towards his or her college education. Do you think you have what it takes to make the cut?
- Be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of application
- Be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than the fall of 2021) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education
Submit an online short written response (250 words or less) for the question:
- "Imagine that your high school/college has been overrun with Zombies. Your math professor, the cafeteria ladies and even your best friend have all joined the walking dead. Use your brain to flesh out a plan to avoid the Zombies, including where you would hide and the top 5 things you would bring with you to stay alive."
- The Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship winner will be notified by email or phone on or around January 31, 2016.