- Parent must be a current member of a Union!!!! Eligibility
- Current and retired members of participating unions, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations). At least one year of continuous union membership by the applicant, applicant's spouse or parent (if applicant is a dependent). The one year membership minimum must be satisfied by May 31, 2015.
How does the Union Plus Scholarship Program work?
- This is a competitive scholarship. Applicants are evaluated according to academic ability, social awareness, financial need and appreciation of labor. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended.
- The required essays can account for up to half your total score.
- Scholarship applicants are judged by a committee of impartial post-secondary educators.
- Applications are available starting in mid-June, and a complete application must be received on or before 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on January 31, 2016. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Amounts range from $500 to $4,000. These one-time cash awards are for study beginning in the Fall of 2015. Students may re-apply each year.
- The Scholarship Committee will determine recipients of scholarship awards by May 31 each year. During the first week of June award recipients will be individually notified by mail, and all applicants will be sent an email with notification that the award list is posted here. Please note that due to the volume of applications we cannot provide any information on the status of an application before award announcements are made.
Applications- For information about obtaining the Union Plus Scholarship application, click here. Each year, the application deadline is January 31 and chosen scholarship recipients' names are announced May 31. All applicants are notified when the award winner list is posted in early June.