- January 11, 2016, 5:00 p.m. PST
- $2,500 for college students (number of awards varies per year)
- $2,000 for graduating senior high school students
Purpose: The Truman D. Picard Scholarship Program is dedicated to the support of Native American students pursuing a higher education in Natural Resorces.
Required Material: The Education Selection Committee will review and rank only those applicants who completely address each area.
- Letter of Application: The letter must include your name, permanent mailing address, email address if available, and phonenumber. It should be a maximum of two pages in length, and discuss the following: a. Interest in natural resources b. Commitment to education, community and your culture. c. Financial need. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and attach the Student Aid Report or have the report sent to the ITC office. If it has not been completed, send last year’s report.
- Resume- Three signed letters of reference, on letterhead and dated within the last six months.
- Evidence of validated enrollment in a federally recognized tribe or Alaska Native Corporation, as established by the U. S. Government. A photocopy of your enrollment card, front and back, or Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) will suffice.
- Transcripts: ALL students must include transcripts. High school students must also provide documented proof of acceptance to an institution of higher education and a review ofcollege class schedule to verify major before a check is released. College students must also provide proof of their declared major.
Inquiries and applications should be directed to the Intertribal Timber Council office:
ATTN: EDUCATION COMMITTEEINTERTRIBAL TIMBER COUNCIL1112 N. E. 21st Avenue, Suite 4Portland, Oregon 97232‐2114(503) 282‐4296
The Intertribal Timber Council (ITC) has cooperative financial aid agreements with the University of Washington, Oregon State University, Salish Kootenai College, NorthernArizona University and Yale University. Recipients of the ITC Truman Picard Scholarship are eligible to receive additional scholarships including tuition waivers, if attendingone of these colleges. For more information, visit the ITC website or contact the colleges directly.