This is a very highly competitive degree program to get into. They take 20 from the State every year! If you have students who may meet the criteria please let me know and we will get them called out of class to come listen to this presentation. The students earn a Bachelors of Arts & Science degree in 4 years and then are granted a seat in UNM's Medical School if they complete their BA requirements.
- Commitment to pursue a medical career in NM rural or underserved areas
- Academic excellence (GPA, ACT/SAT scores, honors courses and advanced placement courses)
- Community involvement and volunteer service
- Honors and Awards
- Extracurricular activities
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Be a NM Resident at the time of application
- Be a current NM High School Senior
- Have a minimum ACT or SAT Scores
- Have a personal commitment to pursue a medical career in NM rural or medically underserved areas.
Applicants who achieve the required ACT or SAT score minimum and complete the online application by the application deadline(Nov 13, 2015) will be invited for two individual interviews with the members of the BA/MD Admissions Committee.