Deadline is February 12th: Preference will be given to those entering the field of education (Teacher, Counselor, School Business Official, etc).
NMCEL Scholarship 2016 Guidelines
- The applicant must be academically strong with a G.P.A of 3.0 or better.
- The applicant should be a well-rounded student participating in diversified activities in both school and the community.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior from a public high school in the state of New Mexico, without regard to race, ethnicity or gender.
- Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 12, 2016, to be considered.
Selection Committee will consist of 5 members, four of whom must be members of NMCEL. One shall be a member of the NMCEL Executive Board.
- The committee will be facilitated by an NMCEL staff member.
- The applicants will be rated on the Application Form, References and Written Essay.
- Interviews with the Selection Committee will take place in April for the top candidates. A stipend will be provided for candidates who live further than a 100-mile radius from Albuquerque.
- Two scholarships in the amount of $3000 will be awarded to the successful applicants at the annual Awards Luncheon at the NMCEL July conference.
- The scholarship will be payable to the student in three payments, one in Fall, one in Winter and one the following Fall after proof of enrollment is submitted.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the student does not begin college or university classes during the fall semester, or leaves after the first semester.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit the following completed documents:
The Scholarship Application Form (signed by a HS official).
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or school administrators.
- A written essay (at least 300 words) outlining your reasons for entering the field of education.
- Finalists must submit an Official High School Transcript prior to interview.
- Email to: email@example.com (preferred method of submission)
- Mailing Address: NMCEL
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Deadline: In the NMCEL office no later than February 12, 2016.