***Award amounts vary. Please check website for details.***
General Scholarship Information
All applicants must be citizens of the United States and must attend or plan to attend an accredited college or university in the United States. DAR chapter sponsorship is not required; however, a chapter or state chairman may work with the applicant to put the information together to send to the DAR Scholarship Committee. Each scholarship has it's own specific requirements.
To apply, click below to download the necessary application forms:
- Financial Need Form
- Mail completed DAR Scholarship Committee application forms to the address listed under each scholarship.
- All applications must be postmarked by February 10.
- This address is only correct during the 2013-2016 DAR Administration.
- *This application form is not to be used for the American Indian Scholarships and DAR Good Citizen Scholarships - those applications are sent to different addresses for processing.
- Only applications completed correctly and submitted in one package will be considered. Incorrect applications or applications mailed to the incorrect address will be discarded. No records are returned. Do not submit a personal photo. If your records feature a photo, it must be fully covered. Only winners are notified by the National DAR Scholarship Chairman following the approval of a ruling by the Executive Committee of NSDAR.
- Consecutive-year renewals do not require additional Executive Committee rulings, but do require that an official transcript be sent from the school to the Office of the Reporter General, NSDAR, 1776 D Street NW, Washington DC 20006-5303 by July 1st of each year. Students are only eligible for one scholarship from the National Society.
- Awards are placed on deposit with the college or university; any unused portion shall be returned to the National Society. Awards are based on academic merit, commitment to the field of study and financial need. No affiliation with DAR is necessary unless specified. All applications must be received on or before the deadline indicated for each specific scholarship.
- For more details, go to www.dar.org