OR to FACE Office in Guidance by April 11th
The Northern New Mexico Senior Men's Golf Association invites you to apply for one of their scholarships offered to graduating high school seniors. It is NOT NECESSARY to play golf to apply!!! This year they will award 20 one-time scholarships with a total of $22,000 and allocated as follows: two at $2,000 each and eighteen at $1,000 each.
- Must be a graduating HS senior, accepted at an accredited college for freshman year,
- Family must reside in Northern NM or Southern CO
- Must have a minimum of an "unweighted" 3.4 GPA.
The student application must submit a package of information that is POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN April 15th or due to FACE Office not later than noon April 11th.
The package must include the following:
- Official HS transcript
- Official ACT or SAT scores
- Letter itemizing their accomplishments in HS, including extra curricular activities, honor group activities, awards, and other relevant information, which, they feel, may be of interest to the committed. Included in the letter will be a description of their service to the community to reflect involvement with church and community organizations.
- Their goals and why they should be considered for the scholarship
- Proof of acceptance to an accredited college/university
- Two letters of recommendation from responsible community members (teachers, administrators, clergy, etc)
- Mailing address and a phone number where applicant can be reached.
- While interest or participation in golf helps greatly in receiving one of our scholarships, it is not a requisite for application. Please let us know of your interest in golf, even if you play only on a casual or infrequent basis.
- Applications that are NOT COMPLETE will not be considered.
C/O Ron Krantz
890 Chiquita St.
Los Alamos, NM 87544